Similar to the Bitcoin network, new VEO coins are awarded when a new block is hashed around every 10 minutes. There is no maximum limit amount for VEO coins, but the speed of emissions can be regulated by Governance Oracles. There has been VEO coins generated. The number of network users is 4666.
Current rewards and emissions can be found on https://veoscan.io.
Mining Hardware Amoveo
Amoveo uses a single round SHA256 for PoW, unlike Bitcoin which uses two rounds. Thus, Bitcoin ASICs cannot be used to mine VEO. SHA256 single round mining has been chosen to make ASIC adoption easier.
VEO is mined using GPUs, similar to other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Bitstream and hardware can be purchased at Comino. Alternatively, these boards can be bought from different manufacturers such as Xilinx and Intel’s Stratix.
Exan.tech has designed a tool to calculate mining profitability for Amoveo using certain hardware constraints. Find the tool here: (https://calc.exan.tech)
Software & Pools
- https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/VeoCL — Open Source Miner for GNU/Linux.
- https://github.com/PhamHuong92/VeoMiner — Multi-Platform Miner.
- https://github.com/krypdkat/AmoveoMinerMan — Multi-Platform Miner.
- https://github.com/Mandelhoff/AmoveoMinerGpuCuda — Open Source Miner for Microsoft Windows.
- https://amoveopool.com — A Cozy Mining Pool.
- http://veopool.pw — A Large Mining Pool.